• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

new blitz video 2014

mikasemana

im a new member here but i took my exam last april 2013 and i failed. now i just found out this blitz video. my question: ill be taking the cpc exam this march 2014. is it ok to practice the 2014 edition?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
If I understand your question, I think it would be appropriate to use the 2014 edition. BTW, It is recommended you have the CPT and HCPCS 2014 manuals for the test, and Laureen uses these manuals in the 2014 Blitz.

The ICD-9 2013 manual will be okay because the codes have not changed.

mikasemana

If I understand your question, I think it would be appropriate to use the 2014 edition. BTW, It is recommended you have the CPT and HCPCS 2014 manuals for the test, and Laureen uses these manuals in the 2014 Blitz.

The ICD-9 2013 manual will be okay because the codes have not changed.
im a new member here but i took my exam last april 2013 and i failed. now i just found out this blitz video. my question: ill be taking the cpc exam this march 2014. is it ok to practice the 2014 edition?
Thanks for the reply ruth. but my exam last year was covered under cpt 2013 as well as hcpcs. and i have 1 year only to take my second exam.what i have now is only cpt 2013 which im going to use on my exam this march. do you mean that the new edition for blitz video had cpt 2014?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Yes, every year the Blitz Review Videos are updated to reflect the new coding books. Laureen's Bubble and Highlighting is done on the 2014 CPT in the latest version of Blitz. She discusses the key changes in the codes and guidelines for 2014.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Check with the AAPC to be sure but I think even tho you have a year to retake- if you retake in 2014 you will be taking 2014 exam and should use 2014 manuals - with the ICD-9-CM manual exception for 2013 as Ruth pointed out.

Joni24walter

Blitzer
i am checking out your blitz videos; what is the difference with online vs online+video blitzes? I am trying to retake july 2014 and would like to know if you get any practice tests with your blitz videos.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
The DVD and online videos are exactly the same - just different formats. You do get one practice exam with the 2014 version accessible online via the membership area. When you order the DVD version you get the online version too in addition to the practice exam.

Happy Studying!